Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Homophobic Series Book 2-A: (CHAPTER 9) "A Journey to Remember"

The Homophobic Series Book 2-A: 
(CHAPTER 9) 
"A Journey to Remember"



8th of November 2008

There were birds chirping. That was the first sound that I’ve heard from that very morning. I don’t usually hear birds in the morning because Dane and I are having a condo living. Then there was sunlight that came from the black grilled windows that blinded me. Mukhang nakatulog ako ng mahimbing last night. Wait? Nasaan nga ba ako? Si Dane! Nasaan si Dane?




I immediately got up from the antique bed on which I was lying on.




“Ms. Emina?” I just then realized that I was in one of her guest’s bedroom.




“Are you doing fine now?” she then asked me.




Doing fine? Why? Anu ba ang nangyari last night? I suddenly asked myself wondering on what really happen. I then had a recall of the events when I left Emina’s house. Hmmm… Nandito nga ba si Dane? Bigla akong nalungkot…




“What’s with the sad face? Do you still have a fever?” and Emina checked on my temperature.




I had a fever last night? Maybe I was having delusions last night. Siguro that was when I thought nakasama ko si Dane. But I really felt that it was all real. Him being by my side, kissing him in the rain. Pero reality check hindi ko nga siya nakasama last night.




“How did I get back here Ms. Emina?” I asked her in a very sad tone. I thought sasabihin niya was pinasundo niya ako sa mga kasambahay niya. Instead she answered me some other thing.




“There was this man na naghahanap sayo last night. He was very worried that you might not get home in time because of something. Dali-dali siyang pumunta rito dahil he heard from the news na may dadaan daw na biglang bagyo rito. Siya ang nakakita sayo last night.” Hindi tinumbok ni Ms. Emina ang taong sinasabi niya. Pero makikita mo sa mata niya na kilala niya ito.




Si Dane? Nandito si Dane? “Miss Emina nasaan na siya?” dali dali kong itinanung sa kanya at sabay tayo sa kama.




“Uyy iho, are you sure that you are okay?” medyo magewang gewang pako and she guided me outside the room. Dinala niya ako sa malaki niyang veranda. Then a familiar laugh came into my senses. Si Dane nga! And he was playing along with the children. Patintero yata ang nilalaro nila. Si Dane talaga, what a child at heart he is. And then nakita niya ako waving at him. Natigil tuloy ang kanilang laro binulungan niya ang mga bata and in chorus they have greeted us.




“Good Morning Ms. Emina! Good Morning Kuya Raine! How are you doing today?” in fairness masusunurin sila ha. At nagtatakbo paakyat sa kinaruruonan namin ang baby ko.




“Babe… Sorry… Sorry kasi I have ruined your night, your birthday…” and I hugged him while crying.




“Hussssshhhh… babe you don’t have to be sorry okay? For me this is the best birthday ever. Imagine were here in this beautiful place, with the friendliest and warm people of Bulacan… At syempre pinaka mahalaga sa lahat is kasama kita babe. What more could I ask for right?” and he tried to wipe off the tears on my face.




“But… How did you even know that I was actually here?” tinanong ko sa kanya. In the first place hindi ko naman sinabi sa kanya ang plano ko.




“Hmmm… Sabihin mo na lang na nandaya ako. Nakita ko kasi ung address sa papel na naiwan mo sa home office table natin eh… Morning pa lang actually I do already know on what you are up to. Sa totoo lang pag gising ko nag-aalala nako but after reading the address somehow nagets ko na and I just went with the flow. Hehehe… Eh kaso I’ve heard from the news na may bagyo daw on the way to this area, so I decided na sundan ka na lang. Baka ma-miss mo pa yung promise mo na makasama kita. Magtampo pako. Kaya hinanap na lang kita…” and he kissed and kissed me on my forehead. Ganun siya when he misses me terribly.




“Yeah totoo yung sinabi niya. Actually he is the one who located you sa kakahuyan. Walkway na kasi ung pinasukan mo last night Raine. Hindi na kasya ang sasakyan. Kaya nilakad na lang niya para mahanap ka. Hinintay ko na lang siya sa kotse nyo and ayun nga, when he came back he was carrying you. You were unconscious last night and trembling dahil sa lamig. He was up all night para bantayan ka when you were having a fever…” Ms. Emina explained to me.




And then I realized that I haven’t formally introduced them to each other…




“Babe… This is Miss…” I was then interrupted by my baby.




“Miss Emina Malagueña, the greatest artist that ever walked here on earth…” and Dane was all smiles.




“That’s too much for you to say Mr. Sto. Domingo… Well Dane… Masyado kang bolero… Hahaha…” and they have both ended up laughing.




Ako pa tuloy ang naguluhan, am I missing something here?




“Babe… Actually Emina was also up last night to look after you when you were having a fever… Then we got too much acquainted. She was so generous that she even told me that we could spend the whole weekend here… Until tomorrow night…” my hubby Dane told me.




“Hindi mo naman sinabi na birthday mo pala bukas?” Emina said as if she was planning something in her mind.




“Sorry Miss Emina I just thought kasi na it was not that necessary na i-mention ko pa. Nakakahiya na kasi sa iyo eh…” I told her.




“Well whatever is the case… We could still celebrate it by tomorrow. Kahit simpleng pagdiriwang lang. O sya… Let’s get inside… And let’s have some breakfast, tiyak gutom na gutom ka na…” Emina said. Somehow gutom na nga ako. Medyo kumakalam na nga eh. Hehehe.




~*~



After having breakfast nagkulong muna kaming dalawa ni Dane sa guest room nina Miss Emina. Medyo amoy pawis na siya sa paglalaro sa mga bata kanina kaya pinaghubad ko muna. And then we just lay on the white sheets of the bed. As always he then played again with my hair. Tinakpan ko naman ang mukha ko ng kumot as if nagtatago sa kanya.




“Hmmm… Bakit nagtatago ang baby ko? Ayaw yata ng kiss from me?” binulong niya bigla sa akin.




Eh bakit nga ba nagtatago ka Raine? Eh wala ka naman ginawa sa kanya. Eh last night nga eh, you’ve kissed him in some way na parang it’s the end of the world for both of you.




“Wala lang po. Gusto ko lang… Hehehe…” And then tumawa ako ng tumawa.




Niyakap niya ako, it’s a good thing that I already felt again his warmth. It felt so reassuring dahil katabi ko na naman ang Dane ko.




And then someone had knock over our door.




Sinagot ni Dane ang pinto, it was Miss Emina.




“So I suggest that we should be hitting the outdoors. Mas nakakagaling ang fresh air kesa I contain mo ang sarili nyo sa room. A picnic would be very nice am I right?” Ms. Emina suggested.




So we had set up the food just along the stables. We had some sandwiches and had shared some of it with the children in the farm. Nakakatuwa si Dane ayun nakikipaghabulan sa mga kambing kasama ng mga bata. He was like a kid again. Nakakatuwa siyang tignan.




“He is quite invigorating right? He is full of energy… You’ll never get tired with him I’ll tell you…” Emina sincerely commented.




“Yes, he is a handful alright, but in a good way… He just makes me smile kahit na in his own little way…” I then told her. Mamaya maya pa ung mga kabayo na ang mga pinag-hahabol niya.




While running he took off his shirt and had run after the said white horse that I am interetested in, as if what he did just came from an action movie. And he just hopped on the said horse like a cowboy or something. Nagulat pa ako ng from nowhere he took this cowboy hat. And he surely nailed it off. I didn’t know that he could actually ride horses. Mas nagulat pako when the horse jumped over the fence with his command. Whoa!




“Shall I give you a ride?” and my Dane just reached me by my hand.




It was a bit embarrassing, anu yan? He’s the shirtless prince in a white horse? Hahaha! Pero I do find it sweet. Syempre sumakay ako. We then left Ms. Emina with the kids so that we could check out the rest of the estate.




The view from the fields was breathtaking. Iba pala ang perspective pag nakasakay ka sa kabayo. You could see the farmers waving at us and we waved back. We saw this flowing stream with its very clean waters. Sarap siguro lumangoy dun. And then we saw those children playing with some kites. Pinuntahan namin sila. Ayun, nakipaglaro na naman si Dane. Dali-dali kaming bumaba sa kabayo itinali muna ito at yun na nga. Hindi mo siya mapipigilan when he wants something.




Ang layo ng narating nung saranggola na hiniram niya mula sa isang bata. Naalala ko bigla na nadala ko pala ung digicam ko, naisiksik ko pala sa pouch bag na dala ko alongside with my phone.  Kaya while he was playing with the kids, I took some pictures of him. Medyo may pag-ka expert na rin ako kasi eventually tinuturuan niya rin kasi ako pag nasa bahay kami. Maganda naman ang kinalabasan. Hehehe. Maya-maya pa ay inihatid na namin yung kabayo sa kwadra. At dumerecho sa bahay. There we had lunch that Ms. Emina prepared for us. She does really love to cook, imagine tatlong putahe yata ang inihanda niya just for today? Kaya we ended up bloated. Kaya dun muna kami ni Dane nagtatayo sa likod bahay. Ayun, naging hyper na naman yata.




“Halika samahan mo ako… May gusto akong gawin rito…” and somehow kinaladkad niya ako.




Anu? Gawain rito? What do you mean Dane? Not here, nakakahiya maraming tao, sabi ko sa sarili ko.




At ayun dinala niya ako with the farmers.




“Manong panu po ba yan?” he was asking one of the farmers na nagtatanim ng palay. Akala ko naman kung ano ang gusto niyang gawin.




At sabi ko sa kanya, “Babe, dapat ako na ang tinanong mo… Expert na yata ako diyan. Diba manong?” at naki ayon naman ung magsasaka sa akin.




And that was it, lumusong na kami sa putik, at isa isa na namin nilagay ang mga punla, pa isa isa… Tuwang tuwa si Dane.




“This is the kind of work na masaya… ” para na naman siyang bata.




Hindi pa siya nakuntento, pinahiran pa raw ako ng putik sa mukha. Syempre gumanti ako, hehehe nagbatuhan kami ng putik, ayun bull eye, tumaob sya tapos tinalunan ko sya. Well it ended up ito a mud wrestling at dun na ako natalo. Tawa ng tawa yung mga magsasaka sa aming dalawa. Natawa rin naman kaming dalawa after realizing na we were coated by mud.




“Mga iho, dun kayo magbanlaw sa sapa. Malamig at malinis ang tubig dun…” suhestyon ng isang manang.




Yeah, kanina may nadaan nga kaming malinis na stream. Kaya nag habulan kami papunta dun. The place was very secluded that Dane just stripped off his clothes from top to bottom and he jumped at the stream.




“Sarap!” sigaw ni Dane, “Babe jump on, ang lamig ng tubig. Mawawala ang sakit mo rito… Hehehe…” as he invited me. Wala naman na akong sakit nung mga oras na yun ha, mokong na to. At tumalon na rin ako. Malamig nga, I’m not really good at swimming kaya ayun nakasukbit ako sa likuran niya. Hehehe, my very own salbabida.




Taking a bath in a very clean stream, playing with mud, horseback riding was also tiring. Then Dane and I had just pass by Ms. Emina’s hut in the middle of the rice fields.




Then we hung our wet clothing along the trellis of the said hut. We are still wearing our wet shorts. And then we wandered around Emina’s studio.




Nakakarelate si Dane with the art all around him. He loves black and white photography, kaya he appreciates the charcoal pieces of our very new friend Emina.




Then someone had texted Dane, narinig ko ito kasi nilagay ko kasi sa pouch bag ko eh. And I’ve read the message for him.




Hi Dane… So how’s Raine
doing there?
Mukhang nag-enjoy kayo
strolling around the estate?

Ms. Emina Malagueña
+63918-------
11/08/2008
5:48:17 pm




Wow, Dane has Miss Emina’s number na pala. I’ve checked my mobile ayun nag text din pala siya. Naka-silent naman kasi ung akin kaya hindi ko napansin. Buti na lang at dala ni Dane ang charger niya at nakapagcharge nako kanina, hehehe.




Hi there Raine! So musta na dyan?
How was the experience with
the horseback riding?
If you just needed anything,
I’m just a text away okay?

Ms. Emina Malagueña
+63918-------
11/08/2008
5:50:11 pm




Si Dane na ang sumagot kay Miss Emina. We were both sitting at a bamboo bench at the hut’s veranda.




Well… We actually did had a blast.
It has been a while ever since I have
ridden a horse again. Raine enjoyed
the ride too…

It was quite an experience for him,
By the way could we stay here in your hut for tonight?
That is if it is okay with you?
Thank you again good friend!

The Dirt-eater
+63905-------
11/08/2008
5:53:21 pm




Then after some minutes Miss Emina replied immediately.
Si Dane na ang nag-basa ng text for me. She said that its okay and she would ask someone to actually deliver dinner for tonight for both of us. She also mentioned that she has pillows and a “banig” somewhere hidden in a cabinet at the said hut.




“Well this is convenient…” and Dane already located the pillows and everything.




After about twenty minutes someone from outside was calling.




“Pinabibigay po ni Manang Emina.” He was carrying a load full of goodies, as well as our dinner for tonight. He was asked to also bring Dane’s small bag of clothes and utilities.




Then someone texted me again.




Enjoy the night and enjoy the dinner!
Tomorrow is a new day!
And I figured that you might be needing
Dane’s bag, that is why pinadala ko na rin…
God bless! “,)

Ms. Emina Malagueña
+63918-------
11/08/2008
6:20:12 pm




Nakakatuwa si Miss Emina, I remembered tuloy my mum. She was almost like her. Maalahanin, understanding. She could be our mum, both Dane and I. Pero parang mali naman, baka magulat siya kung ganun. Hmmm… Instead she could be our godmother in our commitment ceremony on May.




And then we had her very delectable dinner. As usual Dane was so stuffed.




Maya maya pa, we decided na maglatag na ng banig sa loob ng kubo, may maliit na lampara dun na siya naming ginamit. Malamig ang ihip ng hangin kaya wala kaming lamok na maalintana. Niyakap ko siya at niyakap niya ako.




Tahimik, walang nagsasalita kahit isa sa amin. And then I asked him with something.




“What happened to the gift that I gave you last night?” bigla lang kasi sumagi sa isip ko.




One, two, three, four, five seconds nung sumagot siya…




“It’s here… It’s already here in my heart…” and he hugged me tightly.




Wala akong masabi, ganyan siya lagi. He makes my heart pound more when he says things like that. Instead of saying something in return. I just kissed him. To show how I appreciated the thing that he just said.




His lips interlocked with mines. I could see his eyes floating while we do it. And I already touched his hard on thing. I had a grip of it. I gulped, matigas na kasi. Hindi ko na inisip ang kung ano pa and I just went into him. Putting his manliness in my hot pit licky mouth. Of course he moaned into ecstacy. He does really love it when I give him a blow. Hindi ko na pinatagal. I stood up and had spread my behind on the way to his hard thing. I pounded him like I never pounded him before.  And he pounded me too like he never pounded me before. We are both in heaven, both moaning and both in the bliss of paradise. Instead of saying our I love you’s we both shouted, Happy birthday baby! Hahaha… What a very peculiar way to end the night. After another round of making love, on which Dane requested if I could do him. We then both decided that on our next birthday’s we’re both celebrating it at the eight of November. Well somehow it make sense, it’s more convenient and practical at the same time. At least we do now share our own day. And then we cuddled and said our goodnights. I love you Dane! xoxo




9th of November 2008

I am already twenty three… What could I say? That this is the best birthday of my life? Hell yeah your right! Spending the whole night with the one I really love…




My love of my life Dane and I have slept tight. But at about ten in morning we were bugged by the sound of people cheering up around Emina’s hut. We then had our shirts on and immediately had check it out.




“What’s happening here? Anu ang ginagawa nila?” I was very clueless, people were like cooking like they were about to celebrate a fiesta or something.




Dane even told me that he has nothing to do with this. Or does he? And then I saw Ms. Emina from a distant. Nilapitan namin siya.

“Is there any event now here in your place. O I see… it’s your town fiesta or something, am I right?” at nakita ko pang may mga nagkakabit ng mga banderitas.




“O you silly! It’s your birthday today right? We do rarely celebrate birthdays here. Lalo na natapat ang birthday mo ng Sunday. Araw ng pahinga namin ngayon. Aling Mameng pakiabot nga ung paminta…” and itinuloy na nga nila ang pag timapla sa niluluto nilang ulam.




If I’m not mistaken five pigs were slaughtered para makapaghanda si Emina that day. Kasi nakita ko yung tatlong ulo sa table. And may nililitson pa silang dalawa malapit sa may puno. Busy na busy ang lahat. Maliban sa aming dalawa ni Dane.




Eh mukha naman enjoy na enjoy siya sa nakikita niya. Imagine kinuha pa niya yung camera and he started taking pictures. Syempre pose naman ang lahat.




“Babe, are you sure that you have nothing to do with all of this?” as I continue on persuading him na umamin.




“Promise babe… Kahit ako I’m still amazed. Maybe Miss Emina just really likes you…” and ako naman ang kinulit niya. Birthday ko raw kaya dapat marami akong pictures. May pagkakulit talaga itong si Dane ko.




Well the chaos continued for almost two hours. Nag punta lang kami sa bahay para maligo at nang bumalik kami sa bukirin as if parang walang nangyari. Everything was set into party mode, province style.




Miss Emina had given her opening remarks.




“To you Raine… Isang maligayang bati sayo mula sa aming lahat rito. Natutuwa kaming lahat at dumating kayong dalawa ni Dane para maibahagi sa amin ang isa sa mga pinakamahalagang parte ng inyong buhay. Again maraming salamat sa inyo.” At nagpalakpakan ang lahat. Eto ay senyales ng umpisa na ang kainan.




May morcon, menudo, embotido, lechon, caldereta, mga kakanin, mga inihaw at kung anu ano pa. Halos mabusog ang lahat, alam ko pati yata ang mga kapit bahay ay inimbita pa. Maya-maya ay may inilabas pa silang dalawang giant puto na may kandila pa sa gitna.




“Dahil kaarawan din ng ating kaibigang si Dane two days ago, hihipan din niya ang kanyang sariling keyk…” as Emina referred to the puto as a made up cake.




Masayang nagkantahan ang lahat. And then we both gave our wishes. And we both blew our candles.




“Since it is your day my babe… I guess it is timely that you give a speech…” bulong sakin ng hubby ko.
Well I also felt the need na gawin un. “Hmmm… Sa totoo lang, I really don’t expect na mangyayari ang lahat ng ito sa akin. I just went here para mag papinta lang kay Miss Emina ng maibibigay ko kay Dane. But it ended up na rito ko pa pala icecelebrate ang birthday ko. With the most kindest people… Sa lahat maraming salamat… Lalong lalo na kay Miss Emina…” napapatango lang ako sa sobrang tuwa.




“At syempre kay Dane ko…” and we tapped each others back. Medyo maluha luha nako.




“Pero hindi pa natatapos yan Raine…” sabi ni Miss Emina. May nakita akong dalawang lalaki na may buhat buhat na kung ano. And then tinanggal nila ang tabing nito.




Nagulat ako sa nakita ko. It was the same illustration na ginawa ni Emina two days ago. But it is not the same as before kasi it became bigger, from charcoal it went into watercolor. And the biggest surprise was magkasama na kami ni Dane sa artwork niya. I was sipping the pasta from the other end.




And she later change the title to, “Two lovers, sipping pasta with tomato sauce smudges”




Mas lalo kong naappreciate ang birthday ko dahil sa nagawa sakin ni Miss Emina.




Wala akong tigil sa pag thank you sa kanya. Binulungan niya ako na “masaya ako at masaya ka naman…” and she signaled that the games were about to start.




Games? Oh my! Masaya to, traditional Filipino games. Hahaha! Lahat yata sinalihan namin. From palayok, pabitin, palosebo na muntik pang mahulog si Dane, at ang very filthy but very entertaining na habulan ng biik. This was the best birthday ever, hindi lang dahil sa masaya ako. Kundi dahil nakikita kong masaya ang pinakakamamahal ko, and somehow I do know that he had cope up with his depression. Mukhang mapapadalas ang pagbisita namin dito ha. Hehehe.




~*~



It was a very long tiring but fruitful day for the both of us. Well hindi pa nakuntento si Emina sa bonggang bonggang birthday celebration na ginawa niya for me, ayun nagpadala pa ng kaing-kaing na mangga at isang bayong na pasalubong.




I was checking our pictures while were inside the car on our way home to Ortigas. Emina was so photogenic even at her age. Artistahin talaga. Ang sasaya ng mga shots namin. Nakakataba ng puso pati rin ang mga magsasaka at mga bata. And from nowhere bigla ko lang nasabi,




“Dane, ang bait bait ni Miss Emina ano?” dinugtungan naman niya ng, “Yeah, and she really likes you actually…” sabi ni Dane.




“Likes me? Bakit naman?” I was a bit puzzled with what he just said.




Kahit medyo focus siya with his driving, he still had managed to explain something to me.




“You know babe… You were the very reason on why she had continued on her painting… Somehow she had seen something in you that opened her eyes that life should not be stopping, instead we should be celebrating it with the one we love…” medyo figurative pa si Dane kaya hindi ko magets, kaya he explained it in detail…




“The day that you had a fever, she opened up to me, that she was not that different to us. She was also in love, she had been in love with a woman, her father then discovered about it. But the difference was she was sent into the Philippines so that she could not pursue her relationship with the one she truly loved.” Dane told me this in a very serious tone.




“Oh my, I feel sorry for what had happen to her… Sana nasabi man lang niya sakin in person…” I really felt bad kasi hindi ko man lang siya nadamayan.




“Babe… You don’t have to be sorry for her. Actually, she is very thankful that you had become a part of her life. That she was revitalized when she had first met you on that very day… She also said that the love story may end, but the love never ends… Kaya she’s now very inspired in continuing ang kung anuman ang nasimulan niya. It’s a new beginning for her, ika nga nya…” and Dane was now smiling while he toss and played with my hair again.




That is so sweet for Ms. Emina to say. Sa lahat naman ng tao bakit ako pa. But I am very priveledged that somehow I became an instrument para maibalik niya ang passion niya into the arts. Upon going home Dane and I went into the mall and bought boxes of chocolates and we couriered it to Bulacan as a token for Ms. Emina and her people there who wholeheartedly welcomed us into hearts.




11th of November 2008

Mr. Russell’s escapade with his lover with Ms. Woodsrow and her assistant in their own private island had already ended. And today was their scheduled flight back to the States. Dane and I had accompanied them to the airport.




“So again I would like to congratulate you both for the very successful event…” and Mr. Wayne Patrick Russell had given both us a handshake.




Even Mr. Linney was delighted with the reception that our offices had made here in our country. Ms. Woodsrow was also thankful that she had a blast spending her time here in the country with us.




“Mr. Sto. Domingo… By May next year we would all be back here for your, you know…” at kumindat pa ang aming CEO sa kanya.




Pagkaalis nila, Dane futher explained on what Mr. Russell meant by his last statement. He had offered his private island for the venue of our commitment ceremony for next year. And he would stand as our godfather. That was way cool! Hehehe…




24th of November 2008

Dane was in the bathroom for almost thirty minutes na siguro, ganun katagal maligo. Ewan ko ba dun. Kaya ako naman ay nanuod na lang ng TV. And then I just decided to tune in into the primetime news.




To my shock, there is this alarming news that just came out. 




NEXT:
The Homophobic Series Book 2-A: 
(CHAPTER 10) 

7 comments:

  1. this is really an on going nice story ;=) no sad ending please hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anonymous: Hmmmm... Try ko po, matagal pa naman mag eend yan eh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tsong, when are you going to post follow up stories on The Accident?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tsong, actually may kasunod na un, still figuring out kung saan part ko puputulin, pasensya na at natatagalan... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. tsong, i am still waiting for your follow up stories. hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dane, wassup??

    busy ka ata? been checkin ur blog daily... no updates!!! hehe

    hope ol is well!

    mat_dxb

    ReplyDelete